Friday, April 2, 2010

The Passion Play

Maundy Thursday, the day before the crucifixion day! If i were in India i would have gone for a Maundy Thursday church service, but here having a service for Good Friday itself is a big thing. Coudnt have asked for Maundy Thursday! Anyways, i was happy that my pastor had arranged to take us for a Passion Play at a nearby city.

The play called "Life of Jesus" is performed every year for 3 days during the Holy Week. For me, having something other than the usual routine will be considered special...so even if i did not know anything about this play i was still feeling excited to be able to witness it. I dint have much expectations with the play and was just going for it because i dint want to do the usual routine activities on a long weekend! Especially since i had fasted religiously the whole lent season!

We had a good drive to reach the place where the play was being performed. It was in a college called Felician College in Lodi, NJ. After struggling to find Parking when we finally got down from the car i was kind of not very happy to see that we has reached a complete 1 hour late for the show! The show started at 8:00 PM and we reached only at 9:00 PM. Anyways we had informed one of the volunteers to keep 5 seats reserved for us...as soon as we reached the hall...i was like almost taken away to another age with what i saw on the stage! It was beyond amazing! The background looked perfect, the sounds looked perfect, the characters looked so real, the lighting was so natural...everything was like a dream...a biblical dream!

Anyways i thoroughly enjoyed the play...was my first ever play in US and i must say i had not witnessed such a good one in my life yet! I had seen movies about the crucifixion and had seen plays in India but whatever i saw here really gave me goosebumps. It was i felt so close to reality. I was really feeling as if i am witnessing the night Jesus was betrayed. After witnessing something so great, i couldnt help but think how cruel that real night would have been. I couldnt help but feel guilty how painful my sinful afflictions would have been for Christ my saviour!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I’m a mystic creation of Almighty… an endowment sent from above… to fulfill HIS special purpose.. to pervade “My Real Own” to satiate eternity… in this real world!!
 
Musings From My Heart's Canvas.... Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul Tested by Blogger Templates.