Tuesday, April 6, 2010

ITs Politics..

Does this happen to all?

May be it does and may be they know good ways of escaping out of IT. No matter how much ever dedicated you are to your work...getting trapped in some dirty politics from your client or parent company is inevitable. No matter how many levels you get promoted to...you still are so vulnerable to these dirty cobwebs...there is little you can do. As and when you gain experience in working with a client or technology, or with working with different kinds of managers you feel that you have enough experience to understand and handle all kinds of issues at work place...but unfortunately these dirty things never tend to cease. The managers always find issues which are beyond your imagination or control.

Almost everyone working in the IT industry will agree with me when i say that IT has its own set of dirty politics which will be difficult for many to comprehend. Just last week i was listening to a unique case from one of my friends. She is a manager and still she faces problems...if not from her higher authority but from people working under her. IT has its own set of shrewd rules and for dedicated and loyal people like you and me...its difficult and sometimes (actually most of the times) gets to your nerves! I was always aware of the difficulties of IT...and even if you could possibly earn a lot of money working in this industry...i just never wanted to be a part of it. I never pictured myself as a Software Engineer. i still remember the day when i had to go to the Satyam sholinganallur office for the first time...waiting at Madhya Kailash for a bus or share auto...i wasnt sure if this was the place i should be getting one...and i asked one of the guys standing there as i noticed him looking at me as i was asking each passing share auto if they go to sholinganallur...this guy approached me and was kind enough to tell me that i wont be getting sholinganallur autos here and i should wait at the crossing after tidel park...but this guy had guts enough to ask me which company i work for...i thought may be he is also from Satyam and i could get some info about some shuttle etc from Madhya Kailash...but that guy was from infy...and when i said Satyam he immediately asked...what do you work as...are you an HR!!?? After knowing that he was from Infy and not Satyam (and hence no scope of any help)...i really dint want to encourage any conversations with him...But left alone the conversation part... today when i think of that day all i can think of is: I wish i really was an HR...Life would have been much easier...if not easier...may be different...not that i am not happy with my work right now...but i just feel i am too vulnerable to nasty office politics...but then which department or branch doesnt have politics these days? Whether you become an HR or a manager or a CEO...you are vulnerable to politics of some kind or the other...of course the manner and extent of how it affects you will vary....but that doesnt mean it ceases to exist!

One of the things i very well can see coming is that i have to take a big decision for myself. When you see yourself trapped in useless and illogical issues which are not even distantly related to your work...you better start preparing yourself for a change. Since last few weeks the attitude and behaviour of my clients has been changing...it dint take too long for someone who was perfect in all her work to suddenly be challenged on technical issues! I was kinda startled when suddenly i was being accused unneccesarily for things which had nothing to do with me or my work! but it didnt take me long to understand that my time here should be getting over soon! Before they make me sink under the swamp of their dirty thoughts, its better i myself bid farewell to them. I hate this but i guess its not so difficult to master the IT world once you learn to understand and handle the inevitable scum. And still how much ever you learn to master this art...you still have lots left to explore and face!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I’m a mystic creation of Almighty… an endowment sent from above… to fulfill HIS special purpose.. to pervade “My Real Own” to satiate eternity… in this real world!!
 
Musings From My Heart's Canvas.... Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul Tested by Blogger Templates.