Monday, April 12, 2010

Cherry Blossom!

Heard of the Cherry Blossom Festival in US of A??


For people staying in Washington or even any other state of the eastern part of US, its not a new thing. But for someone like me who is experiencing the first Spring in US, it definitely is a new thing and sounded quite attractive. Since i did not know what a Cherry Blossom festival was so i googled about it and got some information about it. Unfortunately by the time i came to know about it the big one in Washington DC was already over and being in the Eastern part of the country i just dint want to miss this festival. So i just googled to see if theres any such celebration in NY or not! Of course the biggest celebration happens in DC every year and was sad at not being able to witness that one!! Was able to find this Japanese version of the festival called Sakura Matsuri which is held in NY. It actually happens at the Brooklyn Botanical Garden in NY and when i saw the pictures i made up my mind that i had to just go for this one. The pics were really beautiful and dream like! Though not as good and lively as the one in DC but i thought this was atleast more feasible than going to DC!



This was my first ever trip to Brooklyn, and having heard so much about the gangs and mafias in brooklyn wasnt sure if i should go there alone at all!! Managed to malign a couple of friends to join me in my trip to BBG (Brooklyn Botanical Garden). The trip turned out to be amazingly amazing. I had never seen so much beauty around. Would have been better if it was a day with little less sun, but even the scorching sun did not stop me from enjoying the cherry blooms. The place was almost magical with almost all trees beautifully laden with white pink and red cherry blossoms. The whole place was blooming with the delicate fragrance of cherry blossoms as if i had landed on nature's own perfume factory. There were so many varieties of cherry blossoms and each had its own exotic fragrance. I had not seen any scene so beautiful in my life and i wanted to capture each and every flower in that garden. There were hues of pink from light to dark, and hues of white from whitest white to the most off white, the reds were dull in some flowers while bright in others, some flowers had only whites in them while others sat pretty as if airbrushed with pink and red and cream emulsions. The drooping branches of pink and white flowers touched the water in the japanese lake as if bestowing blessings on it. It was one of nature's most colourful and fragrant display i had ever witnessed. I just dint want to get out of that heaven ever!

As we progressed through the garden we realised that whatever we just witnessed was just the beginning of an even more beautiful and exotic journey through flowers. I further saw some hundred varieties of tulips, lilies, acacia, wild flowers to orchids to flowers whose beauty i cannot express in words. I had gone to the BBG after reading reviews on the net and seeing pictures having a mindset that i would take some nice pictures and be happy about it. But by the end of the day i had seen more flowers in that one day than i guess i had in my whole life till date. BBG is really beautiful and i would love to go there every season to see each and every flower festival that is hosted there. On my way back to my home in the evening, i could feel how happy my heart was feeling after having seen so much beauty in one day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I’m a mystic creation of Almighty… an endowment sent from above… to fulfill HIS special purpose.. to pervade “My Real Own” to satiate eternity… in this real world!!
 
Musings From My Heart's Canvas.... Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul Tested by Blogger Templates.