Saturday, March 6, 2010

When you wanna..

Recently while i was in India, i was reading updates from one of my friends on Orkut, and found a quote that read "I still find each day too short for all the thoughts i want to think, all the walks i want to take, all the books i want to read and all the friends i want to see."

I couldnt relate to the quote at that time...i just thought some people have a busy schedule!

After being married, i am attempting to become the kind of a perfect wife, a perfect mother and a perfect woman i always dreamt of myself to be...Smart yet traditional...liberal yet homely! I wanted to do so many things...i wanted to cook better...wanted to be more knowledgable about so many intricate things that i had never taken interest in learning...wanted to read more books and know more...wanted to decorate my house the perfect way that will make everyone feel welcome and warm inside...wanted to custom make things for my family...be it a cute momento in their rooms or a memorable wedding anniversary or birthday gift...wanted to be able to give myself time to pamper myself to look good and graceful always...etc etc...so many dreams so many desires!! So once i got married i made up my mind and heart to achieving what i dreamt of...And for all this i set out on a voyage to improvising myself...disciplining myself to follow healthy habits in cooking, eating and way of living. I wanted to start with something that i will enjoy doing and hence in turn will motivate me for doing more...so i started with learning to do crocheting...it might sound something boring for many but i always wanted to learn things which only few people will know...and crochet was something i had seen one of my aunts doing when i was very small..and since then itself i was so attracted to it that i wanted to learn doing that whenever i would have gotten the chance to do so. I googled about learning to crochet...found a couple of nice elaborate videos on youtube and next thing i knew was...i was at C.H Martin in Jersey city buying wool and crochet needle for myself!! And when i was at buying the crochet items...i happened to see the knitting needles...though it did not really attract me so much i still wanted to buy it thinking i might learn it in my free time on weekends when i dont go out!! hmmm...i set out on crocheting right away and was quite impressed by how easy it is to learn doing it...was happy to see my achievements. :)
After learning a few stitches on the crochet needle, it was time for me to try my hand at knitting. I am happy that i have been able to learn knitting some basic things, thanks to youtube for the various comprehensive videos. I am trying to use what i have learnt till now into making something meaningful and i am hoping that my attempts will soon be good enough to be blogged on a post. This makes me happy and definitely motivated to getting closer to my goal!

Now being happy i was motivated to try a different and more serious thing...reading! I had always wanted to read more and different kind of books...though i had read a few books in the past but i had been quite selective about what i read. I always wanted to read some good books but anything other than love stories never really kept me glued to the book...all i enjoyed reading was Nicholas Sparks, Paulo Coelho and Chetan Bhagat! I picked up a book by Khaled Hosseini called The Kite Runner and started reading it though was not much interested in doing so and the book did not really appeal to me much...but still i started reading it not knowing how long i will continue doing so!! And the book turned out to be an amazingly interesting one...and i was hooked up to it whenever i found time! Now i have successfully read the book and started a new one which i found very boring when i first started reading it few years back! It feels good to know that i have improved my reading skills to a good extent!
In the meantime while i was reading new things...i also wanted to be more regular on my new blog. I did not want to make this blog as the first one i had and i knew i had to regularise my habits...be more disciplined on achieving my goals! I wanted to improve on my writing skills and write some different stuff than what i usually used to write in the past! I am not sure if i had improved my writing skills...but i am happy knowing that i gave it a start. I am satiated knowing that atleast i am doing better than what i used to do!
Now i was happy that i had successfully achieved a couple of things in my attempt to improvising myself! And i was all set to start cooking better...cooking new things! Husband dear is very choosy about food...doesnt eat quite a lot of things...and whatever he eats he wants variety in that!! He went to the heights of sending me his catalogue of 30 different breakfast items he wants me to cook for him in the first month of we starting to stay together!! i just looked at that catalogue and wondered if i would ever even come closer to cooking so many things!!?? Anyways i knew i had to start somewhere...and very soon realised that mine and hubby dear's taste buds are quite apart when it comes to daily cooking! i love eating sada dal and chawal with some subzi...but he likes having non veg everyday!! i knew i cant be cooking non veg everyday...and i have to start cooking the everyday items with a "hat ke " taste to make him happy! I believe way too much in the saying that The way to a Man's heart is through his stomach! I definitely wanted to be a better cook and satisfy his taste buds! So i set out on learning to cook new things and not only that...learning new ways of cooking the same old boring subzis. Now that was something i would say really takes time and alot of interest and patience.. :) You are one lucky guy Wilfred... :)
After about two months of experimenting and learning new things and improvising myself...i now understand the essense of the quote i started out with...Now completing a whooping 2 months of achieving good things for myself...i have learnt to manage my time in a way that i make time for everything i do or want to do in a day...and still have so many things undone on my catalogue...i have so much to do and so less time to do it all!!
Now i can easily say without feeling guilty about it...that i dont find time enough for all the things i want to do!! At the same time i also know that as time goes by...i will learn newer things and i will learn to make time enough for those newer things too...as they say...Time teaches Everything.
Would end this post with a nice quote by Martin Luther King: " The Time is always Right to do what is Right."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I’m a mystic creation of Almighty… an endowment sent from above… to fulfill HIS special purpose.. to pervade “My Real Own” to satiate eternity… in this real world!!
 
Musings From My Heart's Canvas.... Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul Tested by Blogger Templates.