Monday, March 29, 2010

The Palm Sunday.


The lent has always been something of much more importance to me spiritually, than any other Christian tradition or belief. I have always observed the lent with much respect for my belief in Christ and his Passion for the people of the world. Palm Sunday is the 40th day from the start of Lent (On Ash Wednesday). It marks the start of the HOLY WEEK before Easter.


The Palm Sunday, according to tradition and the four Gospels, marks the Truimphant Entry of Jesus into Jerusalem in the days before his Passion. For me its a holy event marking the beginning of the holy week, equivalent to the beginning of preparing myself for the Gift of the lenting season. Lent is the most important time of the year for me when i prepare myself spiritually to strengthen my Christian faith. And Palm sunday is an important aspect of Lent, as with Palm Sunday i prepare myself for the Good Friday and look forward to Easter. Being in US i was not expecting to see much spirituality around myself and hence was trying to spend my alone time strengthening my faith. But even here i experienced something good and while i was just not expecting to see palm leaves anywhere, i was happy to see the church showing traces of a Palm Sunday celebration. Our evening service was marked by nice worship by small children holding palm leaves and singing the songs that grew up listening!


As i have been happy and surprised with good things to see during the start of this Holy week, i hope and pray that this lent season marks the start of good things in all our lives. Let the Risen King continue to give us peace and Happiness.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I’m a mystic creation of Almighty… an endowment sent from above… to fulfill HIS special purpose.. to pervade “My Real Own” to satiate eternity… in this real world!!
 
Musings From My Heart's Canvas.... Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul Tested by Blogger Templates.