Saturday, June 19, 2010

Half a Decade!!

20th day of June, 2005. One of the most memorable days of my Life!! This was the blessed day when i joined the IT industry through an elite company called Satyam Computer Services. Turning back the pages of the calender takes me back to that happy day when i was taking my first steps to enter a new world, the real practical world. It meant a change in my lifestyle, in my priorities, in my understanding of the issues in life and most importantly in my mindset.



As i flip through the yellow bruised pages of my memory book, i can just not neglect the fact how elated i was on that day! I was starting a new life, a new change in everything i guess. I can never forget how excited i was, it felt as if i could have challenged the whole world for anything. The whole 10 hour long induction at the CC (Convention Center) of STC (Satyam Technology Center) i guess gave me a new confidence in myself. Something i had almost lost staying in Sathyabama for 4 years i guess!! I was so proud of myself. Little did i know at that time what all challenges the IT life was gonna throw at me since that blessed day! the whole 90 day ELTP program at STC was like an extended picnic. Making new friends, learning new stuff, experiencing things in life which i hadnt in my college days cuz now i had the money to do it, I was on the road to becoming independent and more mature and i was really enjoying it. After the ELTP program got over, it was the usual race for getting into a good project for a good client etc etc. Though i managed to get a good project i was not very happy with going back to Chennai for the project. I was excited as i was gonna work for MARS chocolates!! My project days in MARS were again a joy ride of new things and new experiences. After working on VAX/VMS i was working on .NET for Pedigree. I dint mind whetever i was working on cuz i was absolutely enjoying being part of real projects and learning new things. The whole 2.8 yrs that i spent in Satyam was a memorable one and even on the last day when i was writing the goodbye mail i just couldnt call it a reality! I was sad at leaving Satyam but quite as much excited at my new experiences in my new company HCL. After joining HCL though i did not have any excitement left as there was no time for that!! I had a boring induction compared to the exciting one at Satyam. I was greeted by boring HRs compared to the smart and stylish ones at Satyam. I came to know some of the most stupid policies of HCL which were actually understood basics in Satyam!! Anyways i dont have much to complain about my work in HCL cuz i was never "FREE" in HCL. I had an amazing learning experience as much as technology is concerned cuz i was always learning something new! And most importantly HCL gave me my blessed 1 year at US, which i am really happy about!! I have put my papers with HCL and am waiting for them to approve the same so that i can join my new company which i am really excited about! The whole 2.3 years in HCL have taught me alot more about my work than what i learnt in Satyam and i am happy about it. I guess hcl has made me more experienced and mature both technology wise and also in a way to deal with people at professional front!

When i was graduating from my college as a Computer Science Engineer, i hated being called a software engineer, and i never imagined i would survive in this industry for anything more than a couple of years! I tried everything possible to come out of it. I wanted to write a GRE, i wrote GMAT and scored well enough to get admits from 3-4 good univs in the US, i wrote CAT and scored decent enough to secure interview calls from some decent enough colleges if not the IIMs...i posted my resume for non technical positions whenever possible...i just did everything possible in the last 5 years only to realise that whatever has to happen will happen no matter what you do or what you dont do!! When i think of my 5 years struggle thru IT industry, i cant say i am unhappy now...but i can definitely say that it has taught me grave realities of the REAL world which i doubt if i would have learnt being somewhere else. I can stil not say that i love my work, but right now i think i know my work! I dont know how work or life will be in my new company, but i am happy that i am atleast excited to face it. I have given half a decade of my life to this industry and gained thru it, and i am sure i am prepared to face it for a longer time now!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I’m a mystic creation of Almighty… an endowment sent from above… to fulfill HIS special purpose.. to pervade “My Real Own” to satiate eternity… in this real world!!
 
Musings From My Heart's Canvas.... Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul Tested by Blogger Templates.